Tuesday, November 9, 2010

belonging

Psalm 84:1 How lovely is your dwelling place,

O LORD of Heaven's Armies.

2 I long, yes, I faint with longing

to enter the courts of the LORD.

With my whole being, body and soul,

I will shout joyfully to the living God.

3 Even the sparrow finds a home,

and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young at a place near your altar,

O LORD of Heaven's Armies, my King and my God!

4 What joy for those who can live in your house,

always singing your praises.

10 A single day in your courts

is better than a thousand anywhere else!

I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God

than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.

11 For the LORD God is our sun and our shield.

He gives us grace and glory.

The LORD will withhold no good thing

from those who do what is right.

12 O LORD of Heaven's Armies,

what joy for those who trust in you.


I remember singing this song in the '90's at Andrew Chapel, as we all transitioned from traditional worship who what we are & do now. The words, "Here in your courts Where I'm close to your throne I've found where I belong" meant so much to me then, and only are confirmed by the life God's given me since.


go to this & listen to Darlene sing it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebI3YUiAvU


You are holy, holy Lord there is none, like you You are holy, holy Glory to you, my lord (2x)

I sing your praises forever Deeper in love with you Here in your courts Where I'm close to your throne I've found better light in you lord (2x)

I sing your praises forever Deeper in love with you Here in your courts Where I'm close to your throne I've found where I belong

You are holy, holy Lord there is none, like you You are holy, holy Glory to you, my lord

I sing your praises forever Deeper in love with you Here in your courts Where I'm close to your throne I've found where I belong (In the lord, yeah)

I sing your praises forever Deeper in love with you (love with you) Here in your courts Where I'm close to your throne I've found where I belong

I sing your praises forever (forever) Deeper in love with you (love with you) Here in your courts Where I'm close to your throne I've found where I belong (2x)

No comments: