Wednesday, November 17, 2010

influence

Psalm 92:14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit; they will remain vital & green.

I dated this verse September 15, 2005, & wrote these words - "for me?"


Little did I know...


In the years that have ensued, God has given me influence with people at a level that I couldn't have imagined then. Never in a million years would I have guessed what the years ahead would be like.


Even though we're transitioning into a new location in a new work, that influence continues. Even though I know that a good deal of that influence may wane or disappear as we become whatever it is we're to become in Blairsville, it's still going on with some of the people we know, & I think will continue with some of them.


Just last night I had someone call & simply wanted to talk. The day before, I got into something in a texting conversation with someone.


So, what am I trying to say here?


We never know how the road will twist & turn in our lives. The influence He's let me have, especially with 20somethings, is completely unexpected. I'm finding out over & over again that if we just say "whatever"to God, He gets creative with our lives - and God is VERY creative.


Iow, He's able to realse the dreams He dreamed for us when He created each of us.


I turned 60 this year. Since then, I seemed to have a heighten sense of my own mortality. I know I don't have as many years left as I've had- at least here on earth ;-)


There seems to be gajillions of people all around me that just need someone to say to them, "You can do this" or "I'm proud of you" or "I did that once & got into a peck of trouble - better think about that"


And God is the One who's giving me this influence - keeping me vital & green - not young - just alive & connected.


To all of you around my age who read these blogs, I say this - If He'll do it for me, He'll do it for you.

No comments: