Saturday, November 6, 2010

some things from Psalm 81

Psalm 81:6 Now I will relieve your shoulder of its burden;
I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.
7 You cried to me in trouble, & I saved you.

vs 10 Open your mouth wide, & I will fill it with good things.

vs 13 Oh, that my people would listen to me!
Oh, that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths!
14 How quickly would I then subdue their enemies!
How soon my hands would be upon their foes!

Don't know if this is for any of you out there. Maybe it's just for me?

It's interesting to hear God basically say if you'll just listen to me, then this & that will happen.


Btw, yesterday I finished reading through the Old Testament one chapter a day.

I thought the minor prophets would NEVER end!

And Ezekiel?! Oh my! He went on FOREVER, it seemed.

Leviticus? Oh my, tedious doesn't quite cover it.

Fav book, besides Psalms? Hmmmm... hard to pick one. The Samuels & Kings were preety racy. Genesis was surprisingly interesting. Ruth is always good. Esther, too. Daniel was good. It's hard to pick.

My friend from high school, Jim Iler (his mom, Rosita, was my cub scout den mother - yeah! we've known each other THAT long!), told me the other day that he thought I had a lot of insight into the Bible. I laughed out loud. When ya read it every day, ya pick up a thing or two. Insight? Don't know about that. I do know God will mess with you!

I also told Jim, like I've said before here, that the smartest thing I've EVER done is starting to get up early every day, read the Bible, & listen out for whatever God may want to say.

And the dumbest thing I've EVER done is to wait until I was 52 1/2 before starting to get up early every day, read the Bible, & listen out for whatever God may want to say. ;-)

I'm just saying...

No comments: