Tuesday, May 17, 2011

dates

I underline in my Bible. It's interesting that sometimes, when I reread a passage a few months or years later, the part I underlined speaks to me again, ven though I sometimes don't remember why I underlined it.

Sometimes I place dates beside things I underline. It's sometimes very interesting to see what was going through my mind at the time.

That's what's going on in Psalm 92 this a.m.


Psalm 92
1 It is good to give thanks to the LORD
5.16.07 - this was a month after I had stepped down the first time from leading House of Grace. Those were dark days, filled with condemnation & feeling like a failure (hmmm... I can relate to that now). That was 4 years ago. There's been a lot of water under the bridge since then. I wish I'd known 1 nano-speck of what lay ahead. It would have made those days easier.


2 It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning,
  your faithfulness in the evening,



4 You thrill me, LORD, with all you have done for me!
  I sing for joy because of what you have done.
11.10.08 - 6 weeks before we moved House of Grace to the Warehouse - what an adventure that was!


10 But you have made me as strong as a wild ox.
  You have anointed me with the finest oil.


12 But the godly will flourish like palm trees
  and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon.
13 For they are transplanted to the LORD's own house.
  They flourish in the courts of our God.


14 Even in old age they will still produce fruit;
  they will remain vital and green.
9.15.05 - the note I wrote here back in '05 was "for me?" - back then I wondered if this would be true for me as I aged. Part of me says YES! as I look back on those years since.
It's hard to see that now, as we sit hedged in, waiting for only God knows what.


15 They will declare, "The LORD is just!
  He is my rock!
  There is no evil in him!"

No comments: