Thursday, May 12, 2011

holding on

I'm very thankful for the 5 passages I believe God gave me at the beginning of 2010, passages He knew I'd need during that year of transition & this year, 2011, of, well, whatever it can be called ;-)

I hope if you need any of what's said in these passages, you can just hold on to them.

I can't tell you adequately how these passages are an anchor for me right now. Sometimes, as I try to write this blog each morning, they are  the only things I have to say. I hope they will be for all of you who need them as desperately as I do.


Isaiah 41:9b For I have chosen you & will not throw you away.
10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
   Don't be dismayed, for I am your God.
   I will strengthen you.
   I will help you.
   I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.


Hebrews 10:35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord,
   no matter what happens.
   Remember the reward it brings you!
36 Patient endurance is what you need now,
   so that you will continue to do God's will.
Then you will receive all that He has promised.


Proverbs 4:25 Look straight ahead,
   & fix your eyes on what lies before you.
26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
   stay on the safe path.
27 Don't get sidetracked;
   keep your feet from following evil.


1 Thessalonians 5:18 No matter what happens, always be thankful;
   for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Proverbs 3:5 (The Message)
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
  don't try to figure everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do,
   He's the One Who will keep you on track.

No comments: