Sunday, July 14, 2013

for you

When I read this psalm this morning, I got the impression someone out there needed to read it today.

So, this one's for you - lemme know if it was particularly for you...



Psalm 143
1 Hear my prayer, O LORD;

  listen to my plea!

  Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.


2 Don't put your servant on trial,

  for no one is innocent before you.


3 My enemy has chased me.

  He has knocked me to the ground

  and forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.


4 I am losing all hope;

  I am paralyzed with fear.


5 I remember the days of old.

  I ponder all your great works

  and think about what you have done.


6 I lift my hands to you in prayer.

  I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.    Interlude



7 Come quickly, LORD, and answer me,

  for my depression deepens.

Don't turn away from me,

  or I will die.


8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,

  for I am trusting you.

Show me where to walk,

  for I give myself to you.


9 Rescue me from my enemies, LORD;

  I run to you to hide me.


10 Teach me to do your will,

  for you are my God.

May your gracious Spirit lead me forward

  on a firm footing.


11 For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life.

  Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.


12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies

  and destroy all my foes,

  for I am your servant.

No comments: