Friday, July 12, 2013

listen up

In Matthew 9, Mark 5, & Luke 8, the writers tell about Jairus & his sick daughter.

Jairus' daughter finally dies of her illness,& this news is brought to Jairus while he & Jesus are walking to Jairus' house.

Each of the writers has noted that when this news came to Jairus, Jesus basically said something along the lines of, "Don't be afraid. Just trust Me."

It is interesting that all 3 of the writers mention that.

It must have been important.

Especially since soon after saying that, Jesus raised Jairus' daughter from the dead!



Jesus has whispered that to me, more than once, especially lately.

Does that mean I'm never afraid?

Does that mean I'm just filled to the brim with trust?

Well, we both know the answer to that.

But I do know that when I am after, & when I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel, to hear this voice inside my head remind me, "Don't be afraid. Just trust Me" helps me to take one step back from just losing my mind.



If those words of Jesus apply to me, they apply to all of us.

Today, as you move through your life,remember those words of Jesus...

Don't worry. Just trust Me.



What if we all REALLY did that - as much as we're able?

What would our lives look like?

No comments: