Thursday, July 4, 2013

u & me

Romans 7:14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good.

    The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin.


15 I don't really understand myself,

        for I want to do what is right,

        but I don't do it.

     Instead, I do what I hate.


16 But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good.


17 So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.



  18 And I know that nothing good lives in me,

            that is, in my sinful nature.

I want to do what is right, but I can't.


19 I want to do what is good, but I don't.

I don't want to do what is wrong,

    but I do it anyway.

20 But if I do what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong;

        it is sin living in me that does it.



  21 I have discovered this principle of life...

            that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.


22 I love God's law with all my heart.


23 But there is another power* within me that is at war with my mind.

This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.


24 Oh, what a miserable person I am!

Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?



25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments: