Tuesday, November 26, 2013

2014

Hebrews 10

35 Don't throw away this confident trust in the Lord,

        no matter what happens.

36 Patient endurance is what you need now,

        so you will continue to do God's will.

Then you will receive all that He has promised.



Hebrews 12

12 So take a new grip with your tired hands

        & stand firm on your shakey legs.

13 Then those who follow you,

        though they be weak & lame,

     will not stumble & fall but will stay strong.



4 verse I believe God's given me to hold onto during 2014...

As I absorb them for next year, here's some of the stuff running through my head...

What could they all portend?

What could "no matter what happens" mean?

"Patient endurance" means it's gonna get tough, or it's gonna take a long time? Or both?

I can't figure out what "promise" it's talking about.

Well, I certainly have tired hands & shakey legs!

Who's following me?



Yes, I know this sounds neurotic, but welcome to the inside of my head! ;-)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how these 4 verses are ones I'll need next year.

No comments: