Friday, November 15, 2013

hmmmmmmmmm...

Luke 17:7 "When a servant comes in from plowing or taking care of sheep, does his master say, 'Come in and eat with me'?


8 No.

He says, 'Prepare my meal, put on your apron, and serve me while I eat.

Then you can eat later.'

9 And does the master thank the servant for doing what he was told to do?

Of course not.

10 In the same way, when you obey me you should say, 'We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.'"



And so, what does that say about our present concept here in America of what a life of servanthood should & will look like?

We have such a success orientation toward being a servant.

And we think that God should just fall all over Himself thanking us for serving Him.

Plus,we "deserve" to know the who, what, where, when, & how of our service.


In the light of these verses spoken by Jesus, how does that thinking hold up?

No comments: