Saturday, November 2, 2013

and then...

It was May, 2003.

I'd just spent 5 months of restlessness - restlessness usually means change is coming in my life.

And God had finally let me know what He wanted me to be & do.

After 30 years, I was to leave music ministry & start serving in our 20something ministry.

Yeah...

For 5 months, God had been talkin' & talkin' & talkin' to me every morning through the scriptures I would read each morning.

So the morning after I'd surrendered to what I believed was His will for me in the next season of my life, I got up expecting to hear some pretty stupendous things in that morning's Bible reading.

What did I get?

Well, I was supposed to read Psalm 73 that morning.

So I'm slogging through verse after verse of how the psalmist is all crabby about how the wicked people around him seem to prosper.

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed that after 5 months of restlessness, & then surrendering to His will that would result in a 90 degree direction change for me, all I get to hear in my Bible reading is someone complaining about wicked people getting ahead?!!!

And then I got to verse 24...



Psalm 73:24 You will keep on guiding me with Your counsel,

  leading me to a glorious destiny.


25 Whom have I in heaven but You?

  I desire You more than anything on earth.


26 My flesh may fail,

   and my spirit may grow weak,
 
  but God remains the strength of my heart;

  He is mine forever.


27 Those who desert him will perish,

  for You destroy those who abandon You.


28 But as for me, how good it is to be near God!

  I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter,

  and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.



Yeah, I felt pretty stupid.

Btw, He is still guiding me, leading me to a glorious destiny.

My flesh may fail, but God remains the strength of my heart.



This vid SO goes along with what I'm trying to say this morning...

Copy & paste it in your browser - it's pretty powerful.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Voi3JM8ZA

No comments: