Tuesday, April 1, 2014

a reminder

Just felt like we needed a reminder of who we are.

Sometimes I think we get to taking ourselves too seriously, as if the Lord is lucky to have us.

Ya know what I mean?



Psalm 39

4 "LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.

  Remind me that my days are numbered—

  how fleeting my life is.


5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.

  My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;

  at best, each of us is but a breath."


6 We are merely moving shadows,

  and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.

We heap up wealth,

  not knowing who will spend it.



7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?

  My only hope is in you.



Romans 4

7 For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves.

8 If we live, it's to honor the Lord.

And if we die, it's to honor the Lord.

So whether we live or die,

     we belong to the Lord.

9 Christ died and rose again for this very purpose:

     to be Lord both of the living and of the dead.

No comments: