Tuesday, April 8, 2014

some well needed words

As I walked across the house today, I wished God would speak to me through the places I would read in the Bible this morning, verses that would speak to the things going on in my head right now.

Sometimes He does, & sometimes He doesn't.

Here's what stood out in 2 of the places I read this morning.

I know these verses were for me today. Maybe they were for you, too.

Let me know if they were,will ya?



Because you trusted Me,

     I will preserve your life

    & keep you safe.

I, the Lord, have spoken!

Jeremiah 39 18

(God spoke this to Jeremiah after the fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians under King Nebuchadnezzar.)



God is our refuge & strength,

     always ready to help in times of trouble.

So we will not fear,

     even if earthquakes come

     & the mountains crumble into the see.


Psalm 46:1 & 2



The Lord is here among us;

     the God of Israel is our fortress.


Psalm 47:7

No comments: