Wednesday, April 2, 2014

right now

As for me, I am poor & needy, but the Lord is thinking about me right now. Psalm 40:17a (NLT 1st ed.)


I remember the first time I REALLY saw this verse.

It was back in 2003, when God started waking me up long before I usually got up, to read the Bible & listen out for Him.

I was just reading along in Psalm 40 - there's a lot of good stuff in psalm 40! You should read it some time! ;-)

Verse 17 is the last verse in the psalm.

When I read it the words "the Lord is thinking about me right now" came hurtling up off the page.

There it was - it said, in the Bible, that God is thinking about me right now.

I don't think we act like we really believe that.

If we did, we'd live differently.

Or if we do kinda think He thinks about us, we don't believe the things He's thinkin' about us are good - like, He doesn't like us.

Or maybe we just think that there's so many gajillions of us that He just doesn't have the capacity to think about all of us all the time.

Or maybe we don't think He would "waste His time" thinking about us.

Or any number of erroneous or neurotic things.

But that's what it says - I check other translations at Biblegateway.com (kool site).

It says in many different ways in those many translations that God is thinking about me, right now.


Think about that...

The God of the universes, all knowing, all powerful, all everything,  the very essence of love, the personification of truth, is thinking about you, right now.


Allow yourself to at least entertain the thought that it's possible.

How does that make you feel?

Go to the comments below & tell me how that makes you feel.

No comments: