Thursday, April 24, 2014

hope in a hopeless time

Lamentations is not a warm & fuzzy book in the Bible. But in chapter 3, amidst a bunch of lamenting, the author says this...


Lamentations 3

19 The thought of my suffering & homelessness is bitter beyond words.

     20 I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss

     Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:


22 The unfailing love of the Lord never ends!

By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction.

23 Great is His faithfulness;

     His mercies begin afresh every day.

24 I say to myself,

        "The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him & seek Him.

25 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord



vs 55 I called on Your name, Lord...

       56 ...& You heard me!

       You listened to my pleading,

        You heard my weeping!

57 Yes, You came at my despairing car & told me,

     "Do not fear."



And then, here's what I found over in Psalms...



Psalm 62

5 I wait patiently before God,

     for my hope is in Him.

He alone is my rock & my salvation,

     my fortress where I will not be shaken.


8 Oh my people,

     Trust in Him at all times.

     Pour out your heart to Him,

     for God is our refuge.




For all of us in the seemingly hopeless place, I hope these verses have brought you some hope, some light in what must seem like a dark place.

No comments: