Sunday, April 6, 2014

how this works

Psalm 44:1 O God, we have heard it with our own ears—

  our ancestors have told us

of all you did in their day,

  in days long ago:


2 You drove out the pagan nations by your power

  and gave all the land to our ancestors.

You crushed their enemies

  and set our ancestors free.


3 They did not conquer the land with their swords;

  it was not their own strong arm that gave them victory.

It was your right hand and strong arm

  and the blinding light from your face that helped them,

  for you loved them.


4 You are my King and my God.

  You command victories for Israel.*


5 Only by your power can we push back our enemies;

  only in your name can we trample our foes.


6 I do not trust in my bow;

  I do not count on my sword to save me.


7 You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies;

  you disgrace those who hate us.


Iow, we're not the ones that makes things happen.

It is the favor of God, His power at work within us & through us, that makes things happen.

We can plan, actuate, pull together all kinds of cleverness & self promotion...

     but in the end, it is the favor of God that makes tings happen...


     not us.



Do we REALLY believe this?

And if we do, how does that show in our lives?

No comments: