Thursday, August 7, 2014

let it go

John 12

25
 Those who love their life in this world will lose it.

Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity.

26
 Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me,

        because my servants must be where I am.

And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.



My friend, Beth White, says something that I'm not sure is original with her, but is still the truth.

She often says, "Salvation is free - following Jesus costs you everything."


If we continue to grasp our lives in our tight little hands, any kind of really good life will be destroyed by us holding on to it & demand control of it.

But I've lived long enough & seen enough to know that if we loosen our grip on our lives & the control thereof, God is able to then implement the life He dreamed for us a gajillion years ago.


But how many of us trust Him enough to let Him take control of our lives?

No comments: