Friday, October 17, 2014

child-like faith

Luke 18

15
 One day some parents brought their little children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them.

But when the disciples saw this, they scolded the parents for bothering him.


16 Then Jesus called for the children and said to the disciples,

        "Let the children come to me.

        Don't stop them!

        For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children.

17 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't have their kind of faith will never get into the Kingdom of God."


My son, Kevin, once shared this thought in a meeting in which we were together...

   "I've been looking at pictures of my son, Trey, & I (dan note: Trey was a preschooler at the time.)

   "In every picture, he's looking at me.

   "He's not looking around,

   "He doesn't know where we're going,

   "He doesn't know why we're going where we're going,

   "He does know how long it will take to get there.

   "He just knows he's with me, & that's all that matters.

"I wanna be that way again with God.

"I used to be that way when I first came to know Him.

"But now, I gotta know the who, who, where, when, & how.

"I wanna get back to just not caring about all that, & just focus on the fact I'm with Him."



Yeah...

I think that's what Jesus was talking about in this passage when He talked about the "faith of a child".


Something to think about.

No comments: