Sunday, October 19, 2014

strength through weakness

This is Paul talking about something in his life that hindered him - something God allowed in Paul's life so Paul wouldn't get too overblown a self concept - iow, proud.

This is a little talked about situation - one where God allows something so we don't get too impressed with ourselves.



2 Corinthians 12

7b
So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, to keep me from becoming proud.

  8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.

9 Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness."

So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses,

     so that the power of Christ can work through me.

10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses,

        and in the insults,

        hardships,

        persecutions,

        and troubles that I suffer for Christ.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I wonder how many of us are willing to admit that we're really just a sack of weaknesses

        & that if anything good is gonna come out of us, God is gonna have to work through those weaknesses?


But there is a certain freedom that comes in admitting to our weakness because by doing so, we put the responsibility of any impact or influence on God.

We can just let go & let God work through us.

Just think about it today...

No comments: