Wednesday, October 1, 2014

the devil made me do it

Remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience.

And God is faithful.

He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it.

When you are tempted, He will show you a way out,

     so that you will not give in to it.

1 Corinthians 10:13



Hmmmm... well I guess that pokes some serious holes in the excuse we all have said when facing a temptation...

     "I just couldn't help myself."


So Paul is saying here that whatever the sin is we feel tempted to do, it's not something so unique.

     And, we ain't so special - others have faced the same sin countless times down through the millennia.


Add too that this face we ALL ignore...

     God is so in tune with every second of our lives & what's going on that He will not allow the temptation to become so strong that we are overwhelmed by it.

Now think about that - chew on that - REALLY consider that...

     God's NOT gonna let ANY sin we're tempted to become so strong that it has more power over us

     than the force of our own will

     & sustaining power of the Holy Spirit.


AND, God will show us a way out of it.

He'll give us an escape opportunity.

Hmmmm...


Now, I struggle with sin & sins, just like you.

I know, you think I'm so ever-lovin' holy...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Now, we all know better than THAT!!!

(Just keepin' real here...)

Anyway, for some reason, God hits me over the head with this verse on a right regular basis.

Usually when I'm trying to get forgiveness for something I've thought or done.

And sometimes He whacks me up the side of the head with this verse when I've managed to resist some temptation.


Bottom line here?

We have no excuses - ever.

We don't have a leg to stand on.

We CHOOSE to sin,

     because God has given us a way out.



Chew on that today.

No comments: