Wednesday, October 22, 2014

new

Galatians 2

20
 My old self has been crucified with Christ.

It is no longer I who live,

     but Christ lives in me.

So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God,

     who loved me and gave himself for me.


I'm not sure we sometimes understand what happens when we become Christ followers.

We die.

God begins a process that will continue through the rest of our life of getting rid of that sinful person we used to be & turning us into the person He dreamed us to be - Jesus.

Did that last sentence make any sense?

We undergo a complete transformation - old things are passed away - behold, all things are new.

That's the scandal of the Gospel - we get a second chance - we get to start over - we get remade.

Of course, this dying of the old self is not easy. But if we let Him reshape & remold us we will become more & more like Him.

The person God dreamed us to be is infinitely preferable to the one we dreamed up.

No comments: