Thursday, March 17, 2016

wait

Wait patiently for the Lord.

Be brave & courageous. 

Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. 

Psalm 27:14


It's been 11 days since I wrote something in my journal that stood out in the places I read in the Bible that morning.

This morning I read in Zechariah (minor prophets are hard to stay awake in!), Psalms (always!), Luke, & Romans.

I've had spells of 10 days to 2 weeks when that happens. It's ok.

That verse 14 in Psalm 27 stood out this morning.

I haven't a clue what I'm supposed to be waiting patiently for - these days, I'm just trying to just make it through the day.

Then there's that brave & courageous part.

If putting one foot in front of the other is being brave & courageous, well, I guess I got  that goin' on.

I sent that verse out through my Twitter feed as kind of the verse or / word for the day - it feeds into my Facebook news feed, too.

So, I guess I'm supposed to wait on something - don't know what that could be.

And all the while be brave & courageous.

ok...

I guess we'll see what this verse has to do with me in the days ahead.

The interesting thing of it is that I got a distinct feeling I was supposed to share it in this blog today.

It's not just a verse for me - it's a verse for someone else - maybe just one person, maybe more than one.

I don't know.

I'm not in charge of who or how many.

I just feel like someone needs to read this very.

So, if God speaks to you in your situation, then it's for you.

Wait, patiently - btw, I don't wait well - & it's my last name!

Be brave & courageous - don't know what that may mean for you.

Wait patiently, be brave & courageous.

That's the word for me today, & maybe for you.


Btw, I'm waited for the Lord before - usually not as patiently as I probably should have.

Whatever it is I have to wait for usually turns out to be worth the wait.

No comments: