Friday, April 27, 2018

broader meaning

This is Jesus talking here...



Matthew 19

29 And everyone who has given up houses 

or brothers 

or sisters 

or father 

or mother 

or children 

or property, 

for my sake, 

will receive a hundred times as much in return 

and will inherit eternal life.

30 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, 

and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.



Verse 30 is pretty straightforward.

Obviously, what we humanly think of as important may not be considered such in heaven.

That makes sense.


For much of my life, I've heard verse 29 used as a promise of reward for those who chose to be missionaries overseas, or maybe "full time Christian service".

And I suppose that would work in those contexts.

But wouldn't it make sense that Jesus had a much broader concept going on there?

And what would that broader concept be?

I just wonder what Jesus was thinking there?

No comments: