Saturday, April 28, 2018

favor

Psalm 44

6 I do not trust in my bow;


  I do not count on my sword to save me.


7 You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies...



As I read these verses this morning, the thought dropped into my head...

Anything we do that turns out well is because God makes it turn out that way.

iow, it is because of His favor that we do well.


It's not because of our own cleverness.

Or our perceived righteousness.

Or whatever gimmick(s) we may use.

Or our fine planning or organizing.

Or how many people we involve.

Or how current, or tried & true, our methods may be.


It's all about His favor.


Does that make any sense?

At the hour I'm writing this, it makes sense to me, but sometimes what I'm thinking & what I'm saying may not be as clear as I think  😊


I'm not saying that we shouldn't implement whatever means we have to plan &/or carry off something.

But all that stuff is secondary when perhaps our greatest efforts should be in seeking His favor with whatever we're trying to be, or trying to do.


Just a thought...

No comments: