Tuesday, April 3, 2018

XIX

There's so many parts of this psalm that I've either sung myself, or heard sung.

Read it slowly, & more than once.

Good stuff here forlks...



Psalm 19

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.


  The skies display his craftsmanship.


2 Day after day they continue to speak;


  night after night they make him known.


3 They speak without a sound or word;


  their voice is never heard.


4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,


  and their words to all the world.


God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.


5 It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.


  It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.


6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens


  and follows its course to the other end.


  Nothing can hide from its heat.


7 The instructions of the LORD are perfect,


  reviving the soul.


The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy,


  making wise the simple.


8 The commandments of the LORD are right,


  bringing joy to the heart.


The commands of the LORD are clear,


  giving insight for living.


9 Reverence for the LORD is pure,


  lasting forever.


The laws of the LORD are true;


  each one is fair.


10 They are more desirable than gold,


  even the finest gold.


They are sweeter than honey,


  even honey dripping from the comb.


11 They are a warning to your servant,


  a great reward for those who obey them.


12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?


  Cleanse me from these hidden faults.


13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!


  Don't let them control me.


Then I will be free of guilt


  and innocent of great sin.


14 May the words of my mouth


  and the meditation of my heart


be pleasing to you,


  O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments: