Wednesday, September 9, 2009

God is our rock

(King David wrote these verses toward the end of his life.)

2 Samuel 22: 31
"God's way is perfect.
All the L
ORD's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
32 For who is God except the L
ORD
?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
33 God is my strong fortress,
and he makes my way perfect.
34 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
35 He trains my hands for battle;
he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
36 You have given me your shield of victory;
your help has made me great.
37 You have made a wide path for my feet
to keep them from slipping.


Recently, like in the last few days to maybe a week, there's been more verses than usual that have seemed to stand out that talk about how God is my rock, my fortress, my stronghold, the One who gives me strength, Who keeps me in times of trouble - stuff like that.

It's of note because I read all over the place. I'm in 2 Samuel, Psalms (me & Billy Graham ;-), & in the last week I've finished reading Acts & moved to 1st Thessalonians.

It's just curious that I seem to be getting a similar theme with the verses that have stood out in very different books in the Bible.

I'm not sure what all this means. Most of the time it's for me. Sometimes it's verses I need to pull out in a situation with someone(s) else.

I don't know. I'm just gonna keep rocking along & see what unfolds.

It's interesting, as well as comforting, how God will give us stuff before we need it, so that when we get in the middle of something He can remind us what He's been saying to us along & along.

God's very creative.

He's also so very interested in minute details of each of our lives.

No comments: