Thursday, September 10, 2009

here we go...

As you may or may not know, Christ Chapel is starting a 6th campus in downtown Macon. We're kicking off our Sunday Morning Gathering on Sunday, Sept. 27 @ 10:45a.m. (shameless plug!)

That's pretty close.

I can feel the stress mounting.

I have to remind myself that this whole thing is God's idea. I'm not the one who is gonna make this happen - He's the One who gonna make it happen.

I went to my Bible reading this morning needing some words of reassurance. Here's what came up off the page...

Ps 28:7 The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him w/ all my heart. He helps me, & my heart is filled w/ joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

Ps 29:11 The Lord gives His people strength. The Lord blesses them w/ peace.

1 Thess 5:24 God, who calls you, is faithful.

And then He reminded me to flip over to 2 Thessalonians & read this...

2 Thess 1:11 God will make you worthy of the life to which He called you.

So, I'm gonna hold on to those scriptures today as I continue to walk toward whatever it is He has in mind for downtown.

btw, here's a press release I'm working on. If you're a part of my middle GA friends, will you tell you friends about this? Thanks!

As you probably know, we're starting a Sunday morning gathering down at The Warehouse. Below is a press release I'm working on about it. Would you just tell your friends about this - just as a fyi kinda thing? (thanks!)

Here's the info...

Christ Chapel Downtown is starting something totally new in Macon - a “Sunday Morning Gathering,” starting Sunday, September 27, at 10:45 a.m. at The Warehouse, located at the corner of Poplar & 5th Streets, across the street from WMGT-TV.

How is it different?
live worship begins the service, led by Tucker Ellis & the worship team,
a live streamed sermon follows by Pastor John Wood via the Internet from Christ Chapel at SportsTowne.

This Sunday Morning Gathering will be held in The Warehouse’s 5000 sq feet of laid back, casual, coffee house atmosphere of tables & chairs scattered around the room, with free coffee, water, & donuts.

There’s nothing quite like it in Macon.

Who can come to Christ Chapel Downtown’s Sunday Morning Gathering.

Anyone.


Christ Chapel Downtown is a ministry location of Christ Chapel at SportsTowne, on Starcadia Circle, just off Bass Road.

Christ Chapel Downtown - Sunday Morning Gathering – @ The Warehouse – corner of Poplar & 5th Streets - come check it out.

Child care will not be offered – yet!

No comments: