Friday, September 4, 2009

worry

Matthew 6:25a ...don't worry about your life. (NIV)

I can't tell you how many times in the last 20 months God has reminded me to not worry about my life.

When I first entertained the thought that the things I was hearing in my head about downtown Macon, I asked "how, how, how?"

don't worry about your life

What will my life look like?

don't worry about your life

How can someone life me pull something like this off?

don't worry about your life

What will people think?

don't worry about your life

What if I don't succeed?

don't worry about your life

What if I can't get anyone to show up?

don't worry about your life

What if...?

don't worry about your life

So, I continue to walk away from the Land of the Familiar into this new land God has been leading me to. I'm not nearly as scared as I was 20 months ago, but I'm still a little clueless. I have enough light on this journey to move ahead, slowly. And all along the way, our Abba Father keeps saying...

don't worry about your life

No comments: