Tuesday, September 1, 2009

something I'm trying

Psalm 20:1 In times of trouble, may the Lord respond to your cry. May the God of Israel keep you safe from all harm.

I joined Twitter about a year, before it became the mega-giant it is now. I figured I had nothing to lose - if it didn't catch on, I could always delete my account.

Well, I think it's caught on ;-)

Anyway, because I've been on so long, certain girls & businesses have found me & are now following me. These are girls with webcams or Youtube vids. And the businesses seem to think that what they're selling is something I would want.

I'd just been arbitrarily deleting & blocking them as I got the emails telling me they're now following me. But after thinking about it, I decided not to. Here' why...

These people are following me, not me following them. I didn't ask or choose them - they chose me.

So, everyday, at least once a day, I tweet a scripture verse. I figure it's a long shot, but ya never know.

So all these young ladies with webcams & vids as well as these eager businesses are getting scripture reminders like:

Acts 20:24a my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus...

Psalm 16: 8 I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

Acts 15: 11 We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus

Psalm 6:2 Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my body is in agony. 3 I am sick at heart.

I haven't a clue if this will reach any of the people I'm targeting. I'm not responsible for that. I'm just doing what I believe God wants me to do in this case. We'll see what happens. We may never know if or how this affected people till we get to heaven.

So, if you're on Twitter & you start to get these people following you, maybe you should keep them & drop some scripture into their accounts, too. Just a thought...

No comments: