Wednesday, September 2, 2009

putting it off

Acts 24: 24 A few days later Felix came back with his wife, Drusilla, who was Jewish. Sending for Paul, they listened as he told them about faith in Christ Jesus.25 As he reasoned with them about righteousness and self-control and the coming day of judgment, Felix became frightened. "Go away for now," he replied. "When it is more convenient, I'll call for you again."

I wonder what Felix is doing right now? I wonder if there ever was a more convenient time for Felix to become a Christ follower? I wonder what he would say to us if he could speak to us right now?

Before we are too hard on Felix, maybe we should consider that we put off addressing things in our lives. We just don't want to face some things, because it will be painful, or we'll have to change, or we're just plain lazy.

One of the greatest tricks of the devil is to tell us that there's plenty of time & that we don't have to deal with whatever is at hand right then.

I hope that as I've grown older I less prone to put things off, but deal with them when our Abba Father wants to address them.

No comments: