Friday, September 24, 2010

2 Timothy 1:14 with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard what has been entrusted to you.


My Life Application Bible says this about this verse...


"Timothy was in a time of transition (dan note: I know how he felt!). He had been Paul's bright young helper; soon he would be on his own as leader of a church in a difficult environment. Although his responsibilities were changing, Timothy was not without help. He had everything he needed to face the future if he would hold tightly to the Lord's resources.


"When you are facing difficult transitions, it is good to follow Paul's advice to Timothy & look back at your experience.

"Who is the foundation of your faith?

"How can you build on that foudation?

"What gifts has the Holy Spirit given you?

"Use the gifts you have already been given"


Could there be more timely words for me today?


Pastor John says often something along the line of all we need to be & do what God wants us to be & do God has already places within us. That's kinda crazy for me to think about, since I'm here in Blairsville, off on an adventure of being & doing for Him, without a clue as to exactly what that being & doing fully entails.


Those 4 questions the L.A.B. make are very interesting to apply to my life right now.


I have over 40 yrs of faith experiences from following after Him.


I can stand on the solid foundation of what I know I know about God from His continued hand on my life.


What are my gifts from the Holy Spirit?

He definitely made me a person who loves people.

He sometimes expresses gifts of healing through me.

I'm less of a fool than I used to be (and maybe more of a fool in other areas? ;-).


Sometimes He uses my words to speak into the hearts of people around me (hey, if He can talk to Balaam through a donkey, it stands to reason that He could speak through me! ;-)

Anybody see anything else? I'm not fishing for compliments or flattery, just curious if anyone sees something I don't. It would be helpful to know.

Anyway, this was good to hear this morning, as I continue to search for a job (to make money) He has for me up here; and as I continue to be open to whatever it is He wants me to be & do up here in the beautiful N GA mountains.

What about you? Does this apply to you today? Lemme know if it is.

No comments: