Thursday, September 30, 2010

favor

Psalm 44:3b ...it was not their own strength that gave them victory. It was by Your mighty power that they succeeded; it was because You favored them & smiled on them.


This is good to remember when we spend all our waking moments putting together flashy programs or events, or being as cool & hip as anyone on the planet, or worship services with enough technology to run the space shuttle.


It all comes down to His favor - the smile of God.


That's it folks - it's all "wood, hay, & stubble" if God doesn't send us His favor & smile on what we're doing.


How do I know?


The last 18 months leading House of Grace Macon.


Everyone knows I'm not a speaker.

Everyone knows I not as glittering a leader as those who surround me

Everyone knows the deal.


For those 18 months I was determined to be surrendered to whatever. I was leaning completely on the favor of God (because I knew that's all I really had going for me.)


And He favored us, didn't He? He smiled on those 18 months together in the warehouse.


We saw lives changed, people show up, & a happiness & warmth develop in one of the least likely places in Macon - in a funky warehouse at the corner of Poplar & 5th.


Those were the finest, the greatest, the most thrilling months of my life in ministry - so far!


Thank You, Father for Your smile, for Your undeserved favor.Help us to seek it & to depend on it to be the driving force, the power in all we do.

No comments: