Saturday, September 25, 2010

favor

2 Timothy 2:1 be strong in the special favor God gives you in Christ Jesus

Here's what my Life Application Bible says about this verse...

"How can someone be strong with special favor? That "special favor" refers to grace, God's undeserved favor on our behalf. Just as we are saved by God's special favor (Ephesians 2:8,9) we should live by it (Colossians 2:6).

"This means trusting completely in Christ & His power, & not trying to live for Christ in our own strength alone. Receive & utilize Christ's power. He will give you the strength to do His work.

How many decades did I live for Christ in my own strength?

As I'm starting out in Blairsville, it's SO easy to be like that. I'm trying to find a job right now. Yes, I know in my head that if God has purposed Lynn & I to be in Blairsville, He has a job for me. At the same time, I've also been busy actively looking for one.

And yes, I know all the things that are whispered inside my head is just the devil trying to distract me. I know what's going on - I'm just trying to walk through it.

And I'm faced with the reality that I don't have a job yet, & haven't a clue where it might come from.

So,I put one foot in front of the other, I investigate one more lead, & I trust that god both precedes & follows me (Ps 139:5).

And I depend on His power.

What choice do a really have? ;-)

No comments: