Friday, October 29, 2010

keeping on

Psalm 73:24 You will keep on guiding me w/ Your counsel,

leading me to a glorious destiny.

25 Whom have I in heaven but You?

I desire You more than anything on earth.

26 My health may fail, & my spirit may grow weak,

but God remains the strength of my heart,

He is mine forever.


28 but as for me, how good it is to be near God!

I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,

& I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do.


2 Peter 2:9a So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials...


Verse 24 of Psalm 73 is good to know in the ups & downs of life. God just keeps on keeping on. His faithfulness is amazing, especially in view of our faithlessness.


Sidebar...


The last 2 night Lynn & I have gotten to bed late. 2 night ago, we were coming back to Blairsville from Macon thru those bad storms. Last night, we got sucked into the 2nd game of the World Series. (Felt so sorry for those 2 Rangers pitchers who walked so many runs in in the last 2 innings. They must have been SO embarrassed!)


Anyway, we got in bed after midnight both nights. As many of you know, God's been waking me up early to read & listen since January, 2003. Well, at 8 minutes to 4am, both mornings, I wake up - bam!


Yeah, God is faithful. ;-)

No comments: