Sunday, October 24, 2010

where ya looking?

Psalm 68:19 Praise the Lord, praise God our Savior!

For each day He carries us in His arms.

20a Our God is a God who saves.


"He carries us in His arms."

What an intimate image - a Father carrying His child in His arms.

If I'm being carried like that by someone, who am I gonna naturally be lookin' at?

Yeah, the person carrying me.


My son, Kevin, said something pretty brilliant the other day. (this is not unusual for him to say some pretty deep stuff)

He said he's looked at all the pics of in which he & his youngest son, Trey, are together in the picture. (Trey may be 3, tops?) In every one of them, Trey is looking at his daddy. He doesn't care where he's going, how long it's gonna take to get there, or what they're gonna do when they get there. He just knows he's with his daddy. That's all that matters.

Then Kevin said something that just stopped me in my tracks...

He said that he used to be like that with God. He didn't care where God was taking him, how long the journey is gonna take, nor what they were gonna do when they got there. All he cared about was being with God.

Kevin then said he wasn't like that now. He had to have all the answers - where, how long, & what - throw in who & how, too.

He said he wanted to get back to being more like Trey.

Maybe I should, too.

Recently, I've been really impatient in this process of moving to Blairsville. I've been pretty demanding to know the 'ever's of the situation - whoever, whatever, wherever, whenever, & however.

I need to be more like Trey, looking at my Abba Father, holding on to His hand, & walking with Him. He'll handle the 'ever's just fine. I don't have to worry. I walking with the God of the universes. He can handle the prissy little 'ever's of my life.

No comments: