Sunday, October 3, 2010

word

When I got up this morning, I finally had that feeling that this whole Blairsville thing is a mistake.

We have no jobs. (Lynn's still teaching at Macon State on Mondays & Wednesdays - but that ends in December)

We have no relationships.

We don't REALLY know what we're supposed to be & do here.
We think we're supposed to reach out to the 20somethings here.
And we think we're supposed to have people gather for a live streamed service from SportsTowne.
But how do you do that with no jobs to give you contact with people?

We can't last forever without jobs.

Yeah, I'm having a moment this morning.

I need God to say something specific to me this morning.

I'm slated to read Micah 3, Psalm 47, & Galatians 6 this morning in the sequential reading I do each day.

As I was writing down those places in my journal, God just kinda nudged me about verse 9 in Galatians 6.

Galatians 6:9
So don't get tired of doing what is good.
Don't get discouraged & give up,
for we will reap a harvest of blessing
at the appropriate time.


Yeah...

Ok, God... I hitch up my britches & keep walking in the direction I'm going.

Thanks for the word.

No comments: