Wednesday, October 27, 2010

our rock

Psalm 71:1 O LORD, I have come to you for protection;

don't let me be disgraced.

2 Save me and rescue me,

for you do what is right.

Turn your ear to listen to me,

and set me free.

3 Be my rock of safety

where I can always hide.

Give the order to save me,

for you are my rock and my fortress.

4 My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked,

from the clutches of cruel oppressors.

5 O Lord, you alone are my hope.

I've trusted you, O LORD, from childhood.

6 Yes, you have been with me from birth;

from my mother's womb you have cared for me.

No wonder I am always praising you!

7 My life is an example to many,

because you have been my strength and protection.

8 That is why I can never stop praising you;

I declare your glory all day long.


9 And now, in my old age, don't set me aside.

Don't abandon me when my strength is failing.

No comments: