Saturday, January 29, 2011

don't cling to your life

Matthew 10:39 if you cling to your life, you will lose it; if you let go of you life for Me, you'll find it.


we don't like change. we want things to stay the same - well, a lot of the time.


we've all heard the old adage, "the only real constant in our lives is change"


growing up on the farm, I learned the hard way that if we don't change & grow, we die.



but here in this verse, there's a very practical & eternal app...


if we grasp the life we now have, that will keep God from implementing His dreams for our lives.


if we let go, say yes to the " 'ever's " - whatever, whenever, wherever, whoever, however - God is lead us into the seasons of the life He dreamed for us a gajillion years ago



God gave me this verse at the beginning of 2008.


and ever since, He's been whispering to me thousands of times, "don't cling to your life"


sometimes it's been easy to let go of something or someone in my life


sometimes it's been really hard


but when I first started carrying this verse around inside of me, I saw it as a negative verse - one that talked about what I had to give up


I now look at it as a verse that primarily reassures me that I can trust Him with my life



take it from me... don't cling to your life   ;-)

No comments: