Saturday, January 15, 2011

worry

Philippians 4:
6
 Don't worry about anything;
    instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
   and thank Him for all He has done.
7
 Then you will experience God's peace,
   which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds
   as you live in Christ Jesus.


This was the verse God gave me especially for 2005. Man, I needed to use it SO many times that year - and since!


Even in 2005, He was getting me ready for stuff that happened in later years. Did you catch the phrase at the very beginning?


Don't worry about anything...


Yeah, He was trying to break my cycle of world class worrying even then.


He has, btw.


I've had a relapse since we've moved to B'ville, but not anywhere as bad as it used to be.


I've found that the most important part of this promise is the "...and thank Him for all He has done"


It's like the key that unlocks the door.


Because once I thanked Him, things seemed to happen, & I had a peace about it all.


It was kinda weird at first.


It's interesting to me that in 2008, He have me a verse that was appropriate for 2008 & 2009, & since. Matthew 6:25 "...don't worry about your life."


And 2 days before Christmas, 2009 He gave me another one for 2010, & it's spilling over into 2011...


1 Thessalonians 5:18a "No matter what happens, always be thankful."


Hmmmmmm....


ya think He's trying to tell me something?

No comments: