Monday, January 31, 2011

refining

Proverbs 17:3 Fire tests the purity of silver & gold, but the Lord tests the heart.

My Life Application Bible says this in it's footnote about this verse...


"It takes intense heat to purify gold & silver. Similarly, it often takes the heat of trials for the Christian to be purified. Through trials, God shows us what is in us & clears out anything that gets in the way of complete trust in Him.

"So when tough times come our way, realize that God wants to use them to refine your & purify your heart."

I realize that I'm the project. I'm seeing what's in me. I'm being pushed into a deeper trust than the trust that brought us here to Blairsville. It like my little brother, Andy King, once said to me - "the faith that brought you here ain't the faith that's gonna keep you hear." (or was that pastor john that said that?)


Then I just wonder about 2 things...


1) What it's gonna take for the Lord to be satisfied that I see the things in me He wants me to see, & how long is it gonna take;


2) And what's it gonna take for me to move to the next level of trusting Him that He wants me to be in, & how long will it take?


And has anyone mentioned how much it hurts to have parts of yourself being burned off?


just sayin'...

No comments: