Saturday, June 4, 2011

encouragement?

I wrote some of my feelings in my journal at the beginning of today's entry. Let's just say they expressed some discouragement, & leave it at that. ;-)

One of the smartest things I've ever done, January 2003, was to start reading the Bible every morning. The dumbest thing I've ever done was to wait until January, 2003.

I read sequentially - iow, like now I'm reading in 1 Samuel, Psalms (always Psalms - me & Billy Graham!), & 1 Corinthians. I read a chapter a day in each, one after the other.

You can call it coincidence, happenstance, or just dumb luck, but so many times in these past 8.5 years, what I need to hear from God comes off the page.

After writing what I did before I read, here's what came up off the page in my Bible reading today...

Psalm 108
2 The Lord will extend your powerful dominion from Jerusalem...

3d ...your vigor will be renewed each day like the morning dew.

5 The Lord stands at your right hand to protect you.

yeah.....

ya know, sometimes what I read in the mornings is the only thing that gives me courage to face the day or holds me together during it.

No comments: