Monday, June 6, 2011

fearless?

Psalm 112
4a When darkness overtakes the godly, light will come bursting in.
 

5a All goes well for those who are generous...


6 Such people will not be overcome by evil circumstances.
  Those who are righteous will be long remembered.
7 They do not fear bad news;
  they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.
8 They are confident and fearless
  and can face their foes triumphantly.

Here's what my Life Application Bible says about this section...

"We all want to live without fear; our heroes are fearless people who take on all dangers & overcome them.

"The psalmist teaches us the fear of God can lead to a fearless life. To fear God means to respect & revere Him as the almighty Lord.

"When we trust God completely to take care of us, we wil find that our other fears - even death itself - will subside."

I needed to hear that today. I don't feel like I've been living very fearlessly the last few months. I've come to the point where I don't really know what to be & do nor what's ahead. I just wait to be shown whatever it is I'm supposed to be shown as I keep on.

No comments: