Sunday, June 19, 2011

figuring

Proverbs 3:5
Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.

Listen for God's voice in everything you do,
   everywhere you go;

He's the One Who will keep you on track.


"don't try to figure out everything on your own."

anybody like that besides me?

sometimes, God just wants me to obey.

sometimes I don't need to know the why.

sometimes if I know the deal, I'd run away, or mess it up, try to be or do it quicker, or make it happen like I think it's supposed to happen.

sometimes I just need to follow.

sometimes I need to be a whole lot more like what my son, Kevin, says about his son, Trey...
   "when Trey is with me, he's lookin' at me. he's not lookin' where we're goin', how long it's gonna take to get there, or what wer're gonna do when we get there. He's just with me - that's all he cares about."


yeah...

No comments: