Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2 or 3

Matthew 18:19 I tell you this: if 2 of you agree down here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

vs 20 where 2 or 3 are gathered together because they are mine, gathered together in my name, I am there among them.


i'm not trying to make God a vending machine of things we ask for, but if we really believed verse 19, how would that impact the way we live?

And if we  really believed verse 20, how would our worship be impacted - in what we did, what we didn't do, what we thought about during it, how we acted, how we plugged in?

And I'm not talking about just Sunday morning - I'm talking about ANY time we get together for worship - like when a few of us sit around w/ a guitar in someone's living room or back deck, singing & worshiping together.

Think about that the next time it's just you & someone else, or 3 or 4.

It's kinda amazing, miraculous maybe, but our God promises to be there when we worship Him, or when we get together with people who belong to Him, whether worshiping or not.

Hmmmmmm...


just an fyi - I've always wanted to name a worship ministry "18:20"

No comments: