Sunday, June 24, 2012

2 sections I read this morning

Sometimes, I feel I'm being prompted by the Holy Spirit to put some of the stuff I've read that morning in these notes. Lots of times I don't ever hear from anyone. Sometimes I do.

This morning I feel like someone needs to read Psalm 130, so hear it is. Verse 5 especially came up off the page for me this morning. During these last 9+ years as I've gotten up early every morning & read in the Bible & listened out for what He might have to say, I've come to depend on hearing from Him through His word - no, that's not strong enough - lots of the time, the way He speaks to me through His word that day is the only thing that keeps me going.


I also feel like someone needs to read the feeding of the 4000 found in Matthew 15. Maybe someone needs to read about how God came through with a pretty stupendous miracle using just a very little stuff to begin with.

Anyway, here they both are...


Psalm 130
1 From the depths of despair, O LORD,
  I call for your help.
2 Hear my cry, O Lord.
  Pay attention to my prayer.

3 LORD, if you kept a record of our sins,
  who, O Lord, could ever survive?
4 But you offer forgiveness,
  that we might learn to fear you.

5 I am counting on the LORD;
  yes, I am counting on him.
  I have put my hope in his word.
6 I long for the Lord
  more than sentries long for the dawn,
  yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.

7 O Israel, hope in the LORD;
  for with the LORD there is unfailing love.
  His redemption overflows.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
  from every kind of sin.


Matthew 15
32 Then Jesus called his disciples and told them, "I feel sorry for these people. They have been here with me for three days, and they have nothing left to eat. I don't want to send them away hungry, or they will faint along the way."


  33 The disciples replied, "Where would we get enough food here in the wilderness for such a huge crowd?"

  34 Jesus asked, "How much bread do you have?"

  They replied, "Seven loaves, and a few small fish."

  35 So Jesus told all the people to sit down on the ground.36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, thanked God for them, and broke them into pieces. He gave them to the disciples, who distributed the food to the crowd.

  37 They all ate as much as they wanted. Afterward, the disciples picked up seven large baskets of leftover food. 38 There were 4,000 men who were fed that day, in addition to all the women and children. 39 Then Jesus sent the people home, and he got into a boat and crossed over to the region of Magadan.

No comments: