Monday, June 25, 2012

following

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples,

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must

     turn from your selfish ways & ambitions,

     take up your cross,

     and follow me.

25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it.

But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.

26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

         Is anything worth more than your soul?



A lot of the time, all we see is the fact we have to give up & let go of what we want, what we've dreamed about & for, & everything we hold dear.

What we don't see is we will get the life the God of the universes dreamed for us a gajillion years ago.


I guess it all comes down to do we trust Him or not.

(It seems that's what it's all about in my life these days!)

Do we trust that the life He dreamed for us is preferable to the life we've dreamed?

I guess it may be all about who's in charge here - Him, or us.

No comments: