Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a couple of things

Psalm 119:73 You made me; You created me. Now give me the sense to follow Your commands.

This verse always makes me chuckle, mostly bc it really describes me. I read the Bile all the time, every day. But how often do I read something but do trust what I read or don't completely implement it? All I have to be & do is follow what I read. Sometimes I don't have the good sense to do so.



Psalm 119:75 I know, O Lord, that Your decisions are fair; You disciplined me because I needed it.

No one likes discipline. But that's where I've been these last 20+ months. God's pruned me back to a nub, again. He's revealed all kinds of stuff, all kinds of areas of my life, all kinds of ways of thinking, all kinds of sins & sinning.

Do I like it? No. Did I need it? I guess so. He's doing it.

I keep trying to remember that pruningis preparation for what is ahead & for greater fruit bearing.

It doesn't make it any easier.

No comments: