Saturday, September 15, 2012

believing

Psalm 32:8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you & watch over you." (NLT)


I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. (NIV)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. (ESV)


I [the Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. (Amplified)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. (NKJV)

The Lord says, “I will teach you the way you should go; I will instruct you and advise you. (GNT)


Ok, now, we either believe this, or we don't.

If we do believe this, then our life opens up, because the possibilities are endless with God - He's very creative. We also know that basically God's got our back. And He says He'll guide us along the BEST pathway - iow, what He's got in mind for us is His very BEST for us.

If we don't believe this, then what? We're out here on our own? We can't trust God to do what He says?

Y'all know that the last 2 years haven't been easy ones for me. And, quite frankly, part of the problem for me is that I haven't fully believed this. My question has been "What in the world is goin' on?"

Well, if you really must know,it's been more like "What the hell is goin' on?!!!"

(Yeah, I'm REAL holy these days!)

But ya know, I've simply GOT to REALLY start believing this. And I've got to put my life on the line if I really do believe it.

Hey! What have I got to lose?! Things ain't exactly been sweetness & light these last 2 years. Maybe fully trusting Him would at least lessen the stress?


I guess what I'm saying here is we've got to believe this, or not. Believing it means we're trusting the God of the universes to be wise enough, smart enough, holy enough, & whatever enough to do what He says He will - guide me along the BEST pathway for my life, advising me,& watching out for me.

Or I can not believe it & trust in myself, or something else.That doesn't seem that smart a move at this juncture in my life.

God either is gonna be & do what He says He's gonna be & do, or He's not.

I choose to believe He is.

Don't know where this is gonna lead me. Guess we're fixin' to find out.

No comments: