Sunday, September 30, 2012

hmmmmm...

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God has arrived to live among you.

He is a mighty savior.

He will rejoice over you with great gladness.

With His love, He will calm all your fears.

He will exult over you by singing a happy song.


I often put a date in my Bible next to a verse or verses that I think God has given me as assurance, or for strength, or for direction.

There's a date next to this one. It was during a particularly difficult time in my life. I was in transition to I didn't know what, while at the same time dealing with a difficult situation & difficult people.

The part that stood out for me then was "With His love, He will calm all your fears."

I couldn't see how He could, in view of the restless lack of direction I felt, the difficult situation I was in, & the difficult people who made things... difficult. ;-)


I should tell you that by the end of that year, God had most definitely guided & directed me through that restless period of transition, alleviated the difficult situation, & removed the difficult people completely from my life.

What's more, the season that followed may be some of the most halcyon days of my life, so far.


I guess what I'm trying to say is that even when things look bleak, God has a way of bringing us out. Looking back, I marvel at my lack of faith that God would pull me out of that tough season. Sometimes I feel that way now. But now, in hindsight I can see that He was at work, moving me ever so steadily out of it all.


And I figure if He'll do that with & for me, He'll do it for you.

No comments: