Tuesday, September 25, 2012

hope

Isaiah 41
9b For I have chosen you

     & will not throw you away.


Don't be dismayed,

     for I am your God.


I will strengthen you.


I will help you.


I will uphold you w/ My victorious right hand.

(I believe God gave me this promise on April 13,2010)


Matthew 6:33-34 (The Message) This is Jesus speaking during what we call "The Sermon on the Mount"

Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God -provisions.


Don't worry about missing out.


You'll find your everyday human concerns will be met.


Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now,

     & don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.


God will help you deal w/ whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

(I feel God gave me this in October, 2011, to hold on to especially during 2012.)


Psalm 32:8

The Lord says,

I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.

I will advise you & watch over you.

(I believe God laid this assurance on me just a few days ago, on Saturday morning, September 15, 2012.)


Hope is an important thing.

It is that thinking that keeps us moving forward.

If we don't have hope, we stagnate, we languish, we become despondent, we don't continue, we become defeated.

But it is hard to have hope when things seem hopeless.

But which state is better? Is it better to hope, even in the face of a seemingly hopeless situation, & continue to move on, to live & be alive?

Or is it wiser, more prudent, more realistic to face reality & give up hope, & wait for the thing we dread to happen?

I can choose to believe that God spoke to me through these verses. They give me hope. They are promises. And God never goes back on His promises.

Or I can choose to not believe them in the face of what seems to be reality.

So, basically, my choice is a simple one - I either believe & trust God; or I don't.


I choose to believe & trust.

No comments: